Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Go Big or Go Home

Many women think they can put on a cute top and jeans and their look is complete. Unfortunately, people notice how put together you are. It doesn't matter if it is someone you are just meeting or one of your best friends, they are going to look you up and down to see what you have on. Most people won't tell you the truth, but I definitely will because I want everyone to look head-to-toe FABULOUS!

First of all, you should always have some sort of makeup on. I am all about the natural look, but there is such a thing as too natural. There are tinted moisturizers (with SPF I might add) and clear mascaras calling out your name. These will actually help your skin and give you a natural glow. I feel as though makeup helps to make your face stand out and compliment your best features. It will add to any outfit and help to complete your look. I don't think I could live without my bronzer or my mascara, but make sure you don't over apply these two. We don't want to look like an orange highliter with spiders on our face. When appropriate, you can rock a dramatic smoky eye, but you don't need it while grocery shopping. A great trick when you don't have too much time to get ready is to wear red lipstick. It pops enough to hide the fact that you don't have any other makeup on.


The next step in completing your look is ACCESSORIES! Jewelry is definitely one of my favorite things to look at and shop for. There are a few personal rules I stick to though. I never wear statement earrings, necklaces, and bracelets all at the same time. Pick one and go with it. I find it mind boggling when people do this and it is just too much to look at. Especially if the outfit is loud as well. Only wear one statement piece with a simple ensemble to really make it stand out. When you wear crazy outfits, keep the accessories to a bare minimum. Wear some studs or a dainty headband. You don't need to wear everything you own all at the same time. Coco Chanel always said to take one thing off before you leave the house and she was the queen of rows and rows of pearls. However, she wore it with a little black dress so it wasn't over the top.



The final touch on an incredible look is your hair. If you have everything else in tip top shape, but your hair is looking drab, you might as well have just worn sweatpants. A lot of women complain about how long it takes to do their hair so they just throw it up in a ponytail. If you got up 5-10 minutes earlier everyday, you would have plenty of time to at least run a brush through it and maybe even throw a braid in the mix. There are plenty of cute hairstyles that only take a few minutes to do and make you look so much more put together. I am the queen of wearing my hair up, but I also wear headbands or other hair accessories to dress it up a bit.


Before y'all go to bed each night, think about what you are going to wear the next day. This way when you are doing your makeup, hair, and picking out accessories you won't be lost and will walk out the door looking crisp and ready to take on the day!

No comments: