Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Inspiration Boards

A finished product.
I read in a magazine a few years back, that inspiration boards are the quickest way to keep your creative juices flowing. After I read the article, I had to try it out. Ever since then, I have cut out clippings in magazines, newspapers, and found little trinkets to put on the back of my bedroom door or just on a piece of notebook paper. I love that you can make it your own, and the options are endless. I usually make a new one every season since my interest is in fashion, but you can pretty much make one for anything. I have seen them made for wedding planning, decorating a room, or just putting up things you enjoy looking at. It is a great project for those of you who are more visual, and it is so much fun! You can make an inspiration board too by following these quick and easy steps.

Find a flat surface (such as a bulletin board, poster board, construction paper, etc.) You will also need some scissors and glue or tape. Start by looking through old magazines and newspapers and you will start to figure out what all you want to include in your mural. Soon enough you will have an array of paper on your floor and blisters on your fingers from cutting out so much. This is the point when it is time to put your masterpiece together and voila! You will have your own inspiration board. Here are some examples of what I would include in my own inspiration board.

An outfit I absolutely MUST have.

A great quote.

My dream man :)


My fashion icon.

My favorite designer.

.............
& just beautiful photos that are nice to look at.


(heaven!)



"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-a** red lipstick."
Gwyneth Paltrow

So, get out your crafting supplies and start inspiring yourself. Mine have really helped me to create my own personal style, and remind myself of all the beautiful things in this world that i love.




I found all of these photos on tumblr.

1 comment:

Sonia Romero said...

I love this blog!!! Best one yet... You inspired me!