Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And The Emmy Goes To.....

Two days ago, I woke up ready to watch the Emmys. I waited and waited all day to finally see the beautiful dresses Hollywood royalty was going to share with the world. This year, not only was the carpet red but so were an abundance of the gowns. I'm usually not a fan of dresses that make you look like a floating head, but most of the starlets did it right!

Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan Resort 2012

I really wasn't overwhelmed by the choices some actresses picked to wear, but this one really worked me over. I have always been such a big Gwyneth Paltrow fan. I love her movies and I was so excited to see her on Glee, but her dress was AWFUL! I actually do like this Emilio Pucci dress, but it did not do anything good for her. Brace yourselves for my worst dressed pick.


On a lighter note, it is time to share my absolute favorite of the evening. It isn't the most outrageous or beautiful gown in the world, but I fell in fashion love as soon as I saw it. Kelly Osbourne has come a long way from greasy hair and ratty clothes. She is now a member of The Fashion Police and rocked a deep purple, J. Mendel dress for the evening. It is fishtail perfection and her hair, makeup, and jewelry accented it miraculously. She took home the gold for me even though she chose a fellow Brit, Lena Headey to hold the title.


P.S.
This brand spankin' new short film by Dior is my new OBSESSION. It was revealed during the red carpet on E! and it is to die for. Charlize looks phenomenal.

No comments: