Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

CMT Music Awards

Last night was the 2011 CMT Music Awards in none other than Nashville, TN. Not only was I excited that Justin Bieber was within 50 miles of my house, but I was also ready to see what these country stars pulled out of their closets to wear.


The host for the evening, Kid Rock, had many outfit changes throughout the show. This one made me tilt my head because he usually wears a fedora and some beat up jeans (which he did for the rest of the evening.)

There were some great selections for the night...

Sara Evans

Sarah Darling

"Group Video of the Year" winners Lady Antebellum

Shania Twain took a hard fall on the way up to present. She quickly recovered and still managed to look fabulous


...but there were also some that weren't my favorite.

Christy Bowersox definintely could have fit this a tad better to her body.

Sheryl Crow looked great in this number, but it is definitely too short. It is age inappropriate and she even admitted to giving the audience a peep show of her panties (by accident of course.)

I'm on the fence with Nicole Kidman's threads for the evening. The shoes don't work with this look AT ALL, and the fit of the dress kind of throws me off. It's not the worst of the night, but I have definitely seen her look better.

And finally the Best and Worst Dressed according to.... Moi!

WORST: Gretchen Wilson, to put it lightly, looked a hot mess. I know she is a "true country girl," but I think she could have spiced up her a look a little. Especially since she was performing a new song with Big N Rich.

BEST: David Nail and his wife Catherine Werne look SO CUTE! Their mixture of her glamorous dress and his casual suit make for a perfect combo. It doesn't look like they tried too hard and they knew this was a more casual affair. PROPS TO YOU GUYS!

I really enjoyed the show and congrats to all the winners!
This years, "Video of the Year," recipient Taylor Swift was not able to recieve her award, but she looks so dainty and down-to-earth in her music video for, "Mine." I just love her sundresses!





No comments: